The Future Looks Bright
“You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!”
– Dr Seuss
Middle School Grades 6-8
The middle school students at Saint Patrick School receive daily instruction in:
- Reading, spelling, literature, and language arts.
In addition, mathematics, science, and social studies instruction vary by grade, as follows:
- Pre-Algebra – grades 7 and 8
- Algebra I – grades 7 and 8 (potential for high school credit)
- Geometry – grade 8 (potential for high school credit)
- Spanish (grades 6-8) (potential for high school credit)
- Earth Science– grade 6
- Life Science – grade 7
- Physical Science – grade 8
- Western Civilization/ Ancient History – grade 6
- U.S. History (Revolution to the Civil War) – grade 7
- U.S. History (Civil War to present) – grade 8
In addition to the core curriculum, all students are required to take classes in Spanish, art, music, physical education, library and computer skills (K-5), and computer technology(6-8).
We encourage and assist students to apply for acceptance into local private high schools or the Governor’s School program through the local public school program. Upon graduation, our students are well prepared for what their future holds.